March 25, 2008

New Release: MyNetflix v2.2 Beta

Filed under: Uncategorized — Anthony Park @ 11:58 pm

I just finished working on a few new features for MyNetflix, so I wanted to get this out there in public beta. The new version can be downloaded from my Software page, and includes the following new features:

Enhancements:

Bug fixes:

Screenshots

New Search Feature (Upper-right corner)

Searching

Search Results

tags: Media Center, MVP, MyNetflix

10 Comments

1. Have there been any changes to selecting tv episodes in watch now? In the last rev I had to get out the mouse and click the selection arrows to get the right one when the video starts.

Comment by andy vt — March 26, 2008 @ 8:59 am

2. Brilliant!

Comment by SeanO — March 26, 2008 @ 9:40 pm

3. any chance you’d ever consider alphabetising results?

Comment by vinegar — March 30, 2008 @ 8:17 am

4. this is a brilliant plug in and a much needed one as well, but i have no real use for it until we’re able to use it with the extender. i can’t begin to tell you how much it sucks that netflix hasn’t done anything about this. i’ll be keeping an eye out for an update to mynetflix w/ extender capabilities. keep up the great work.

Comment by maharet raider — March 30, 2008 @ 6:15 pm

5. Anthony, Once again, you’ve come through with flying colors!!! The Search Feature is exactly what I asked for after the last release… Thank You. The bitrate feature is something I had not thought of, but I love it… Finally , I can get all my WatchNow movies is high def.

The top of my list now is:
    1. Selecting from multiple profiles (queues) for queue management.
    2. “Saved” vs “Regular” Queue…

Keep up all the great work!!

BTW, My daughter loves MyNetflix – WatchNow. She used it every day, during Spring break… I so owe you a donation now.

Mike

Comment by Mike Barakatt — March 30, 2008 @ 8:00 pm

6. Well, you’ve outdone yourself this time. The whole experience is much smoother now. Browsing different genres feels very responsive in this release. The search feature has me finding things in the Watch Now catalog I would have never seen otherwise. (I always use your plug-in for watching movies, now I don’t even have to manage my queue with the website!) I can’t remember ever being this excited over a software update.

I’m curious – Why did the Watch Now + Busy/Working graphics change? Didn’t they match MCE’s buttons in the first public release? That’s the only thing that bothers me. (Great work on the transition from the interface to video playback, by the way!)

This release is rock solid for me. Looking forward to the next one!

Comment by Syd — April 1, 2008 @ 1:51 pm

7. The last version worked great, but for some reason during watch-now playback the new version will periodically stop playback and begin again at an earlier point in the movie. I have the setting on auto detect internet connection and my internet is fast. Anyone else seeing this problem?

Besides from that, this is an outstanding program!!! Thank you so much!!!

Comment by Jeff — April 2, 2008 @ 7:30 pm

8. Wow, this update rocks! The search feature certainly was a nice surprise…

A “Read Reviews” button might be something to think about for future versions. Especially with the somewhat sketchy Watch Now selections, user reviews often decide whether or not I want to see something.

Keep up the good work! Now if only someone would do the same for Sirius ‘net radio…

Comment by Sam — April 3, 2008 @ 12:24 pm

9. Anthony – MyNetflix is fantastic. Watchnow + Media Center has been as big a difference in the way I watch TV as getting my first DVR.

I noticed today, for the first time, that at least one show available through Watchnow isn’t showing up as available through MyNetflix. I can watch American Life Season 1 (http://www.netflix.com/WatchNowMovie/This_American_Life_Season_1/70079686?trkid=222917&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&strkid=1308446205_0_0) on my laptop, but when I search for – and find – it through MyNetflix, I have the “Add to Queue” option but not the “Watch Now” option. I haven’t encountered this for any other show/movie yet.

I’m using v2.2 (obviously, as I used the search feature).

I LOVE MyNetflix and thank you very much for it. And if you could help me watch This American Life, I’ll thank you some more. :)

Comment by Rajiv — April 4, 2008 @ 11:24 pm

10. Anthony, WOW!

Awesome job, the plug in is one of the best plug ins for media center I’ve seen. I’m very much looking forward to be able to use this integration through extenders.

Hope it will be possible,

Regards,
    Abe

Comment by Abe — April 6, 2008 @ 7:15 am

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.