April 13, 2008

Official (non-beta) Release: MyNetflix v2.2

Filed under: Uncategorized — Anthony Park @ 3:13 pm

MyNetflix has been in beta testing for over two months. Since that time, I have added features and fixed many bugs. It is now time for MyNetflix to come out of beta! The official (non-beta) version can be downloaded from my Software page. If you were using one of the beta versions, they are set to expire soon. I put a “time-bomb” in the beta versions so I could make sure people weren’t reporting issues from older versions of MyNetflix. The official version that is now on my Software page does not have any expirations built in.

As always, I appreciate any feedback you might have about this version. I will be working on the next version soon, and would like to incorporate any any feedback you might have into that version.

tags: Media Center, MVP, MyNetflix

15 Comments

1. excellent application

Comment by Carlos Luna — April 15, 2008 @ 6:01 pm

2. Thank you so much for MyNetflix. I use it extensively and find it to be one of my media center’s greatest treasures. I definitely had some trouble with the first beta version I tried but I was willing to endure it for what it did to enhance media center. The last beta version I found to be totally satisfactory.

Comment by John — April 17, 2008 @ 9:19 pm

3. I have windows vista home premium. I was watching movies and about a month ago it stopped working and IE 7 would lock up. While attempting to solve that problem, I discovered the program for media center. I watched one movie. The next time I was told a new version was ready. I downloaded it and now no matter what I try to watch I get told that nextflix was overloaded and come back in about 6 hours.

Netflix DVDs are super and delivery is great. But the online movies don’t work at all.

Comment by Robert DeJohn — April 17, 2008 @ 11:48 pm

4. Anthony,

I think your MyNetflix plugin is very cool. It seems to work pretty solid. The new search feature was a great add.

The only suggestion I have at this time would be either an option, or perhaps a change to the default behavior, to sort the items in any given list alphabetically. It is kind of a pain sometimes if you know roughly what you are looking for but have to actively read every title since they aren’t sorted. I know the search can help that, but sometimes you’re just in that mode, ya know?

Thanks for all the hard work on it, this is a great plugin!

Comment by Joel — April 18, 2008 @ 6:39 am

5. How does a *free Beta version of this expire?

Comment by joe — April 18, 2008 @ 2:21 pm

6. Joe – Each beta version that I released had a time expiration built into it so that I could ensure that any bugs being reported were always on the most current version. The expiration code was only in place during the beta, and it has been removed from the official release.

Comment by Anthony Park — April 19, 2008 @ 3:07 pm

7. The wife and I love your plugin. About the only thing that I could ask for is easier access to the plugin, like adding a direct link in the main media center menu. I found some directions on how you might do this here: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/customizing-the-windows-media-center-start-menu-in-windows-vista.aspx

Comment by Andy — April 19, 2008 @ 3:33 pm

8. Very Good, extreamly helpful add-on, I will recommend this for all my clients.

Comment by William Pagan — April 19, 2008 @ 4:14 pm

9. Great MCE addon, I will recommend this to all my clients.

Comment by William Pagan — April 19, 2008 @ 4:16 pm

10. Easy to use and extreamly helpful.

Comment by William Pagan — April 19, 2008 @ 4:19 pm

11. I love the app!!!! It’s great to be able to sit down at night and use the remote to pick something to watch. It would be nice to have movies in alphabetical order, though. Also, it would be great if stopped movies would pick up where they left off.
    Thanks so much for this great program!

Comment by Emily — April 23, 2008 @ 5:43 pm

12. Again, great app.

Another feature idea: It would be great if it could keep a short history for “watch now” movies (right now the history is only kept for rented movies – not much use). If you don’t finish the movie in one sitting this would be a handy way of quickly navigating back to the same film. Icing on the cake would be if mynetflix could remember where you left off and start the film there, the netflix software doesn’t seem to do this (although I could have sworn it used to).

thanks
    –victor

Comment by Victor — April 25, 2008 @ 7:39 am

13. I’ve been considering switch away from Vista MCE for the past little while, but this plugin, combined with the program guide and Vista’s ease of use keep drawing me back.

Seriously, kudos. This thing is extraordinarily easy to use in comparison to the “competitors” out there.

Comment by NJ Thomas — April 26, 2008 @ 10:12 pm

14. Great plug-in to VMC. One thing I would like to see is for the installer to put the version number on the Programs and Features Control Panel. So I know what version I have installed.

Thanks,
    Ben

Comment by Benjamin K. Derry — April 27, 2008 @ 9:59 am

15. please, please, please, please, please, please, please, get this to work on the xbox 360…..ive seen videos of ppl using this program on the 360….. why does it no longer work????

Comment by Jason — May 27, 2008 @ 10:58 pm

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.